Now that fall is upon us and the weather is changing, the days of endless outside play are, sadly, over. But never fear, just because the sun is going down earlier and the leaves are changing doesn’t mean you have to coop your kids inside.
Whether they’re 10 months or 10 years old, there are tons of things you can do with your kids to celebrate the changing season, and to keep them off the screens! Below are our top 10 favorite things to do with your little ones during this beautiful season:
- Decorate the front door to celebrate the season
- Go on a nature walk—collect cool leaves and press them in a book to look at later!
- Plant something—gardening with kids is a great way to get them excited about the outdoors (plus, what kid doesn’t like to get muddy?)
- Make a seasonal dessert—check out these ideas from Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/CherryBerry4All/spooktacular-treats/
- Head to your local CherryBerry to try out our seasonal flavors!
- Volunteer! There are always animal shelters, food banks, hospitals and non-profits in your area who would love a helping hand.
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Do some seasonal crafts—take a look at our Pinterest board for ideas https://www.pinterest.com/CherryBerry4All/boards/
- Brainstorm Halloween costumes—make sketches and hang them up around the house!
- Go leaf sliding—make a pile of leaves at the bottom of a hill and roll into it!
Need more ideas? Check out our Pinterest page to get creative! https://www.pinterest.com/CherryBerry4All/boards/
This article was written with help from: