Now that the weather is starting to take a turn for the sunnier, it means it’s time to get outdoors and enjoy! Spring is a great season to spend time with your family out of the house, and whether that means going to the park, playing games in the driveway or making seasonal crafts, we have the inspiration for you:
- Go on a scavenger hunt. This doesn't have to be super labor-intensive; you can include things on the list that you don’t have to pre-plan for: a patch of grass, a tree in bloom, a squirrel or a body of water.
- Plant a garden! Whether you have room indoors or outdoors, you can stop by your community gardening center, pick up some seeds, dirt and a pot and grow away!
- Go for a hike. Spring is a great time to head out into your Local Park or nature conservancy and observe the new flowers in bloom.
- Volunteer to pick up litter in your community, it will make your local area more beautiful for everyone!
- Go for a bike ride and rediscover your neighborhood after a long winter. Pro tip: decorate your bikes with paper flowers and streamers to make a seasonal statement!
- Make a bird feeder to attract local wildlife to your backdoor.
- Draw with sidewalk chalk! Now that the ground is dry enough, it should look beautiful too. A hopscotch course, flowery designs or whatever you want. Homemade designs are a great way to spruce up your street, and are a great outlet for your kids to be creative!
- Visit your local CherryBerry to indulge in all the flavors of spring!
- Make some Spring-themed crafts. Make your own Play-Doh ™, leaf watercolor paintings, sun-catchers and more! For ideas check out our Pinterest page.
- Go for a bug hunt and count how many different kinds of bugs and insects your family can find!
For more inspiration, check out our Family Fun Pinterest page! Happy Spring!